Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
IT’S A NATIONAL EMERGENCY
Stay Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives
Despite months of hard work to bring the virus under control since the pandemic started last year, the new variant is spreading fast. Scientists have confirmed that it is between 50 and 70 per cent more infectious and can be spread by people with no symptoms. The numbers of COVID-19 cases, hospital admissions and deaths have increased to dangerously high levels across the country and, in most areas, are still rising. This is placing huge pressure on the NHS.
Around 1 in 3 people with Covid-19 don’t have any symptoms, but can still pass it on.
To bring the new variant under control, we must act now to slow down the growth, protect the NHS and prevent avoidable deaths. Whilst vaccines are rolled out, the Government has introduced new national lockdown measures, you must stay home.
This means you can only leave home to:
· Shop for essentials
· To take exercise once a day and only with one other person
· Everyone who can work from home must do so
● Only go to work if you cannot work from home ● Meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
● Seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
● Attend education or childcare – for those eligible
To stop the spread, we need to stick to the rules.
If you don’t follow the rules, people will die.
Stay Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives.